Thursday 7 February 2013

My Alter Ego Experience!

Hey Chickies,

Recently I have been trying out some new make looks and techniques, turning over a new make up leaf if you will, or in the words of Illamasqua finding the Make-Up for my Alter Ego! 



I have been in love with Illamasqua recently, finding new products and new ways to use my make up through the innovative brand. My love affair started with a visit to the Beak Street Boutique in the Londons West End where I had a make over with the lovely Tanya. She previously did my friends make up for her 21st, I loved it so much I had to go and get the exact same but a little less dramatic as I was only going Nandos in Soho not to Mayfair for Clubbing like my friends was. 

I can now safely say that my two favourite eyeshadows of the moment are from Illamasqua, along with my favourite brow product and to top it all off I am in love with their new brush from their spring collection the blush up brush! A lot of Illamasqua loving going on at the moment here on The Prophecy of Loveliness. 

To continue my Alter Ego Journey, I was kindly invited to the Launch of Illamasquas new spring collection. I loved every minute of it, this was my first bloggers event and sure to always be my favourite, not just because it was my first but the collection and the atmosphere was just so Illamasqua and so cool. Even the girl on the door Louise who is the social media intern was wearing their new Green Lipgloss in Shoot, she made it look amazing, I couldn't wait to try it, couldn't wait to try green lipgloss - there is something I'd never thought I'd say! 


Their new collection is called IMPerfection, its all about embracing your imperfections and as a result saying I'm Perfection, clever play on words! 



The collection consists of 3 blush duos, a lipstick in Immodest, a lipgloss in Shoot (the green one), The Blush Up Brush, A precision ink in Abyss and finally the 5 speckled nail polished that have already taken over the Bloggersphere! 
The launch was at the fabulous Soho Gallery, there was all sorts of beauty bits going on, from manicures to demonstrations along with the collection presentations. Being me I had to sample all of it, actually I was the first one in and the first one to have one of the amazing speckled manicures. The collection itself has 5 speckled colours, Freckle, Scarce, Fragile, Speckle and Mottle check them out on the Illamasqua website here . For My manicure colour I went for Mottle the minty green colour. I can see this speckled being a really big trend this year. 


Along with the Imperfection theme in the collection, I also noticed the theme of eggs, birds and speckles occurring throughout. This collection is the Spring 2013 collection obviously in spring easter celebrations are going on with easter eggs and the birds in springtime, along with cute pastel colours in the collection  certainly gives me my spring make up fix! 

I didn't just stop at getting the manicure I had to give the feathered eyeliner look a go as well. I have very hooded eye lids, I wasn't sure how this was going to work on me as all eye make seems to hide behind my hoods. David Horne the product development director sat me down and told me to use my hooded eye lids as my imperfection, genius! He then went on to demonstrate how us girls with 'the hoods' could make feathered/speckled eyeliner work for us. This is what he came up with, instead of doing the speckled eyeliner on the lid he is did it under my eye, to bring the out and widened it. 


I really enjoyed my evening and think the team at Illamasqua did a fantastic job. The collection is also gorgeous, now I have a new favourite brush! 

Obviously I didn't get enough of Illamasqua at the launch, I also took my friend Jade to the Beak Street Store for a make over for our 70's themed night out, there will be a post coming on up on this shortly. 

This is Jade getting her make up done - by the lovely Tanya 

Have you found your make up for your Alter Ego? 

Until Next Time,
Jess 

xx 

  






2 comments:

  1. wonderful post! Very good idea to to the eyeliner below the eye :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know its so different. I am loving Illamasqua at the moment. x

      Delete