Tuesday 12 March 2013

Silp, Sliding all over the place!



Hey Chickies! 

I thought it was about time to address a very important issue, slip sliding make-up. It happens to the best of us, well it certainly happens to me, therefore I am a firm believer in Primers and coming round to idea of setting powders!

I have a savior for all you gorgeous people out there with the same pesky problem as me, that is PRIME, PRIME, PRIME.
I have a few tip top primers that I use in rotation with one another. Primer is something you add before your make-up to prep the face and give the make-up a little something, something to grab on to instead of just sinking into the skin, or sliding right off the face, whilst creating a base so the make up doesnt effect the natural oils in the skin.

The three primers that are my holy grail are Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer £28, Benefit POREfessional £22.50 and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm £29. I use the Laura Mercier Primer on an everyday basis, it is very light weight and easy wearing throughout the day and doesn't feel like another plastered on layer. I use the benefit POREfessional for day when I am feeling extra oily, the wonder primer (porefessional) mattifies my skin and keeps the make up from going patchy with all excess oil, whilst maintaining a smooth silky surface, I have heard of a good cheaper substitute in the form of the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer £9.99. Last but by no means least the Clarins Beauty Flash balm is for when I go out on a night out or for a special occasion as it is my favorite primer. The Beauty Flash Balm really does ensure the longevity of my make up throughout the day or night, it keeps my make up perfectly in tact, keeps my oil at bay and doesn't feel heavy at all, why do you not use this everyday I hear you ask? Well I do not want my skin to get used to me using this and in the process stop working for me, this means I only treat my self to a bit of beauty flash balm loving every so often.

I have been using primers for long time but only recently have I found the perfect way to apply a primer, and that is to smooth it on my face using my hands, being very careful not to rub the product in, that way it creates a kind of film that the make-up can cling to, keeping my make up from slip sliding all over the place, as an added bonus primers improve the lasting power of my make-up, in all areas as you can get primers for almost any part of the face, including eyelashes (talking of eye lashes primers I would highly recommend the Dior Show Lash Enhancing Serum).

A little side note -to have that extra protection against slip sliding by adding a setting powder or translucent powder over the top of the make-up to set the foundation, I regularly do this as well.


Tumblr_mfxy6usrgi1s1jbmyo1_1280_large
This is how I feel when I wear primer :D



Until next time,
Jess xx 



2 comments:

  1. Love the review! I have to try some primer. My skin is usually too oily so hopefully this will help!
    Love your blog btw

    Olivia
    Thecollarobsession1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primer is my savior I love them :) I am coming round to the idea of setting powders.

    Thanks Chick.
    I am looking forward to having a read of yours!

    xx

    ReplyDelete