Thursday 14 March 2013

Spring 2013 Make-Up Trends!

Hey Chickies! 

As it is March Spring should be sprung, alas as I am sitting here typing this post at my desk and gaze out of the window expecting to see flowers, sunshine and blue skies, but that is not the case for this Monday evening, because I am look out onto snow flurries or should I say blizzard along with grey skies unfortunately. The odd weather conditions could be partnered with the oddly wonderful make up trends this spring 2013. 

I was browsing the wonderful Harpers Bazar website and discovered a page on the Spring Make-Up trends for 2013, I must say they are surprising but ever so interesting! 

Lets start with Lips, when I think of Spring lips I think of pale pinks, lilacs, and pale nudes you know all the colours of mini eggs, to be honest I am not a huge fan of the pale lips as I am very self aware of my teeth and pale colours are notorious for making our pearl whites not so white, but this spring there seems to be a spanner in the works, in the form of the Red Lip. The Spring Red Lip hit the make up scene with a bang, Burberry taking the bullet, having their models sporting a gorgeous scarlett red, then from there all other shades of beautiful red started appearing all over the catwalks. Oscar del a renta and Missoni using the pretty playful red/pink side of the red lip, then on the other hand we have the powerful classic mad men red all the way up to what I like to call the twilight red (dark vampy red). Proof of the true powder of a simple red lip all year round. Get those pouts out girlies! 

Harpers Bazer

Another trend hitting the Catwalks this spring is the demure eyeliner flick. The trend properly came about last year and ever since then it has become a make up must do. The devilishly defined look, has always been acosiated with dark dramatic looks that have previously been for the make-up daring however with making its appearance in such shows as the Chanel Spring 2013 collection it has now become fabulously on trend, I have been sporting this look recently, a huge jump from my usual look, I must admit a feel very much on trend, and fiercely fabulous. As I have said before I have never been a huge fan of winged liner until the other day, literally. I was browsing at a MAC store near work when one of the sales people came up to me and asked have I ever worn winged liner, and I replied saying how hooded my eyes are and how I can never do it right for my eye shape, then she pulled out a MAC 266 brush and showed me how to do the perfect liner for my eye shape and ever since then I have been sporting this look.

Harpers Bazer 

What do you think of the Spring 2013 trends? Will you be sporting any of these surprising looks?

Until Next Time,
Jsss xx






2 comments:

  1. mind taking a second to check out my blog? I love feedback!
    rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karlee,

      Love your blog! The pictures are Amazing.. I followed :) x

      Delete