Thursday 11 December 2014

Lord Of Misrule - Lush Autumn/Winter 2014

Once upon a time in a far way kingdom lived the Lord of Misrule....



This bath ballistic took me away to a fairy tale land, one far far away.

When I look at the Lord of Misrule bath bomb, I think of fields of pastel green grass in a land far far away, however once dropped in the bath the colours really come out, Mixing the green with a beautiful baby pink (some may say flowers blossoming from the grass?) turning darker and darker as it fizzes away. Once it has run its course I was left with a bath that resembled red wine, with very fine sliver glitter, topped off with popping candy, this truly makes the bath bomb magical for me and is the icing on the cake so to speak.






The smell lingered around on me and in my bathroom for a ages afterwards, I have one word that instantly pops to mind when I think of this bath bomb and the gorgeous array of scents, from patchouli and black pepper, The Lord of Misrule is just sooo.. cozy, its just so blooming wonderfully comforting!

As well as being a physically lovely bath bomb, it also has a really interesting background story. The Lord of Misrule bath bomb is inspired by the Pagan Feast of Fools, a popular festival in the middle ages. The festival was held around January 1st (hence why it has come out in Lush's 2014 Halloween/Christmas collection). Read more about the Feast of Fools



This is up there with one of my all time favourite bath ballistics that Lush have ever done, it is a Fairytale. 


Stay Lovely x

No comments:

Post a Comment