Tuesday 18 September 2012

Laura Mercier vs. Laura Mercier!

Let the battle of the Laura Merciers commence!!!

So as I have recently much to my delight found out that there is SPACE NK literally two minutes from my work (lethal for my bank account). So with that in mind I went on a quest to find a new foundation. I am battling with myself at the moment, because even though I do love my heavy coverage foundations because I am ever so slightly lazy and really cant be bothered to re-apply during in the day, however my skin doesn't love the convenience of the heavy coverage foundations and seems to react to them by gracing my face with lovely red spots! Therefore I have come to the conclusion that I have to wear lighter coverage foundations as my skin seems to be sensitive to the heavier ones. My favourite make up brand for make up base at the moment is Laura Mercier so let the battle commence.. DING DING DING!!!! In red corner we have the LAURA MERCIER SILK CREME FOUNDATION..
I had a friend who worked for Laura Mercier and she wore the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation £33 and her face was always flawless and me being the copycat that I am thought to myself I must get that, well my actual thoughts were I need that (drama queen). On that note I set of to the new space n k near my work and got colour matched to the shade medium ivory and handed over my card and forked out £33 for it. I couldn't wait to get home to try what I thought would be a miracle product. My first impressions definitely lived up to my expectations, it was so flawless, it did feel a tad heavy but for the coverage I got I was willing to over look that. I gave it a test run on a long 8:30 - 5:30 day at work and it did stay put but it go a little bit patchy around my forehead not hugely noticeable; but it was needless to say I loved it. However after using it for a week I noticed a few small red blemishes on my face which have now scarred :(. I came to the conclusion it was the pure thickness of the foundation that my skin couldn't handle. The question was 'Can I get over the few blemishes that appeared and was they from the foundation or not?' In the end I did continue on my quest for the perfect foundation.
And in the blue corner we have the LAURA MERCIER OIL FREE TINTED MOISTURISER.. After what I can only call pure disappointment in my reaction to the fabulous silk creme foundation, I decided I need a lighter foundation but I did however want to stick with Laura Mercier. After hours of painstaking research well some bedtime blog reading I decided I wanted to have a try of the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser £33 as recommended by ViviannaDoesMakeup one of my favourite blogs. So once again I plodded down to space n k and explained my spotty situation to the beauty advisor and she seemed genuinely upset that my skin had a reaction because silk creme was her favourite foundation; with her trying for a fair while to persuade me that it wasn't the foundation that brought out the spots she finally gave in a also recommended the tinted moisturiser. I went ahead and bought that in the shade Nude. I was again excited to try this and gave it the same test run as I had the other foundation a whole 8:30 - 5:30 day at work. I applied beautifully and had such a gorgeous finish it was so lovely. I went to work feeling so fresh, it felt like I had no make up on but it had such a good coverage! However after a while at work I looked in the mirror and the ugly red blemishes on face had reared their ugly heads. I had to touch it up which I hate doing during the day! None the less when I do re apply I cant help but absolutely love this tinted moisturiser. So there we have it.. which one comes out top???? I am going to have to say the Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser I am just going to have to find some way of making it last! Until Next Time. Jess x

2 comments:

  1. I found the oil free tinted moisturiser broke me out :( I really want to try the mineral powder foundation though. I don't wear the colour tattoo cream eye shadows for too long since i work in a gym so I haven't found they crease on me. Do you use a eyelid primer at all? That should help! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really thats a shame it is soo lovely Laura Mercier do other formulations of the tinted moisturiser if you can try them because if they work for you it will be good because the finish and the lasting power is amazing!! :)

    I want to try the mineral powder as well, but I dont like the feel of powder so we will see. I use Nars eye lid primer its amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete