Wednesday 2 January 2013

Best Of the Best!

Hello Sugar!

This is called best of the best because this year has really been the best year for me, and definitely the top dog where beauty products are concerned; however I warn you it's going to be a long one, so grab yourself a cuppa and a blanket get cosy and lets get started!

It has been the year of make up for me so I am going to start with that..

The Face of 2012..

No face can begin without a good primer and my choice of primer for this whole year has been Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer £29. It controlled my oily t-zone that I am unfortunately blessed with, whilst keeping my make up from slip sliding all over the place. It has won numerous awards and definitely won an award in my books. If you venture into any new beauty bits this new year I highly recommend this!

After the primer you need a flawless fix in the form of..

My favourite Foundation and that has been Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua it is just faultless, it is such a lightweight foundation to wear every day, it gives a gorgeous coverage without feeling like paint, because it is so lightweight it feels like it is letting your skin breathe so wearing it everyday doesn't feel bad at all. It does have a fairly hefty price tag at £32. If you love a heavy coverage you wont like this foundation, but it may just surprise you.

You can't have a complete face base without concealer and the concealer of the year has to go to the Laura Mercier undercover pot its a 3 in 1 under-eye corrector/concealer, blemish concealer and setting powder, you can't get any better than that!  I only got this about three weeks ago and I already love it. I have been using the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealar before this and loved it, so when I came across this product it was meant to be, it that has the secret camouflage concealer (industrial strength concealer), another under-eye corrector/concealer to deal with those pesky dark circles that we all get over the party season, and if that wasn't enough, it also comes with a setting powder to, I had to try it.
I already knew I liked one of the products in there, so if I bought it and didn't like the other two products in this nifty little kit it wouldn't be a complete waste of money, turns out I love both of them just as much. It is the most convenient little pot. It has everything in there for a quick touch up if your going out after work, or just as your everyday concealer. Only one thing, the setting powder hidden in the bottom compartment can get a little messy. This bad boy retails at £29, not bad for three Laura Mercier Products, if I do say so myself!


While we are on the subject of face make up, we might as well go straight into colour face products such as Bronzers and Blushers. My favourite bronzer and favourite make up product of all time is another from Chanel it's the Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Make Up Base £30, this really is my holy grail product, huge statement I know but I stand by every word. I have a in depth review click here to read it!

It only feels natural now to mention my favourite blusher of the year. This one was difficult because I used various different blushers, all different colours for different looks. I have really had to narrow it down. It came down to two Mac blushes Melba and Well Dressed. I decided on Mac Well Dressed Blush £17. I came to a decision based on what blusher I wore more and this just tipped melba to the top spot. This is a fantastic everyday pop of colour blush for those that do not want to much colour, but want a little something-something, with a bit of girly pink/purple sparkle added in there to wake the face up as many of us need after our work drinks on thirsty thursdays! 


It's all about the eyes now.. 

(Told you its going to be a long one)

Two Stand out products in the eye make up department and they compliment each other perfectly. Yep thats right I jumped on the bandwagon and got the Naked Palettes from Urban Decay. I was going to just put one in this post but I couldn't choose between the two. I am very much a neutral eyes kinda girl, I rarely venture out into bright colouts so these palettes were right up my street. Each palette is full of gorgeous neutrals to create the perfect neutral eye look or it even stretches and you can create a dramatic smokey eye for the girlie nights out. These retail at £32-£36 each, but with 12 very pretty pigmented eyeshadows its kind of a bargain! 

I am sure if you read a lot of beauty blogs you will know all about the naked palettes, I wont say much more on the subject... Except there is a new Naked Essentials matte palette and guess what? I want it! 

 
Naked 2 : Top 
Original Naked Palette: Bottom


Can't create any eye look without Mascara it's like a unwritten rule. For me mascara is my essential can not live without product. If I don't wear mascara then I honestly feel like I look like a drowned rat my eyes are so small and none existent without it, therefore finding a good'un is a big deal! 
I found the best mascara of 2012 and I actually haven't heard anything about it I came across it totally by chance, its not hyped up at all. Its the GOSH Boombastic Mascara, the best thing about this mascara is that its only £8.49 and almost always on 3 for 2! 
Its a xxl volume mascara, it does excatly what it says on the tin, when I wear it a get a fair few compliments on how open and long my lashes look, I have had a few people say 'do you not annoyed wearing fake eyelashes everyday?' My reply to that (with great big smile on my face) is 'there're my own lashes'. 
Now I know that some people might not want that spider lash, fake lash look but I can't get enough of it. Bring on the Boombastic! 



To complete the Eye section it's on to brows. I have done a whole post on my new brow find here
I have recently been using the Illamasqua Brow Cake in thunder. I am really enjoying filling in my brows now, whereas before it used be my least favourite part of my make up routine. I like a quite a strong brow most days and this product full fills that need, but some days I do want just a little colour to give the illusion of a lifted eye area, the brow cake can also full fill that need.

Pucker up its 2012..

I found lip products the most challenging to pick out favourites for 2012. Again I came to the decision of my favourite lip product by thinking about what product I wore most and it was basically a draw between a lipstick and lipgloss both from Chanel (surprise, surprise) and as the lip gloss has been discontinued its had to be the lipstick. 
The lipstick that I have been loving is Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Boy, its a your lips but better colour, it's also a hydrating formula, it's good for your lips! I think I am going to a review on it on here in the next couple of days so keep an eye out for that.  


There you have it Folks.. 2012, the best of the best, the creme de la creme. I am going to be posting my best Hair Care, Skin Care and Body Care of 2012 in due course. 

So Unti Next Time, 
Jess 
xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment