Wednesday 9 January 2013

The London Tag!

Hello Chickies :)

This post is well over due, I have always been a London Girl it only seems right that I do the London Tag (created by ViviannaDoesMakeUp and Lily Pepples from What I heart Today). 

I have always lived in London or on the outskirts of London in the dulldrums otherwise known as suburbia and if that wasn't enough of a reason to do the tag, I now work in the hustle and bustle that is London's West End. I must say there is never a boring day, not a day goes by where I don't see something out of the ordinary and I love every moment of it! 

There is loads to find out about London and I hope to give you a small inkling right here in this post, lets get cracking on the questions.. 


Weheartit.com
1. Favourite Place for Breakfast? 

Ever since I started working in the west end, I have done my fair share of breakfast runs for my colleagues and me and everyone else at my workplace love Make Mine, its in SoHo, there are a few branches of Make Mine they do the best toast, so much better than the stodgy toast I make at home with Hovis! It is in other words.. yum! 
If I am feeling a cheeky Make Mine I almost always have Nutella on granary toast with no butter, Standard! 
  

2. Favourite Boots and Superdrug? 

My favourite Superdrug is definitely the one on Marble Arch it's HUGE! It stocks every brand from MUA (the full collection) to Essie. It's just so big and spacious and in comparison to other small superdrugs that can be very stressful, this particular one is a shopping pleasure.
My favourite Boots is actually in Bexleyheath which is in greater london/kent is very quiet but is very well kept and stocked and they have a Chanel counter which is never busy, BONUS! 

3. Favourite Beauty Hall?

This one is easy, although I may be a little biased since I did used to work there, in the gorgeous beauty hall, but oh well, my favourite beauty hall without a shadow of a doubt is the John Lewis Oxford Street Beauty Hall, it's lovely and screams luxury, if you go here check out the Jo Malone area it is honestly like walking into a Jo Malone boutique and be sure to stop by the Nars Counter and say hello to Hanna she is amazing, be sure not miss out on one of her show stopping make overs.
John Lewis is famous for their impeccable customer service and you definitely get that at this the Beauty Hall. If I could spend all day shopping in there I would, believe me. 

4. Favourite Area for everything? 

This one is tough one because I have two places that I am absolutely in love with Covent Garden and Carnaby Street. I would say in Covent Garden there is more going on, more to see like street entertainers and quirky little hang outs, underground shops and more, but Carnaby street on the other hand is the best place to shop in my opinion when I want cool one off pieces, or just something different then I head straight to Carnaby Street, I also have the option to stop for coffee in one of the many independent coffee shops or grab a cocktail in the cool low lit bars after work. 


Covent Garden


5. Favourite Parks for Walks? 

I don't go on many walks, or have been to many parks in London for that matter, therefore I would have to say Soho Square in the summer time as this is where I spend most of my lunch breaks during the summer months. 

6.  Tip for the tube? 

I always in the seat next to the doors, the tube can get pretty packed and if you are seated in the middle seats then it can be near enough impossible to barge and squeeze your way through the other tube go-ers! Whereas the seat by the doors you have the best of both worlds a swift exit and a seat for the duration of your journey. 

7.  What does your perfect day in London include? 

Start of with a morning in the natural history museum I do love a museum. I would proceed to get the tube to Embankment and walk from there to Covent Garden, stopping at some of my favourite shops such as Cyber Candy (sweets from all around the world and Willy Wonka Sweets!!!). Have some lunch in Covent Garden and having a mooch around the shops, watching the street entertainers along with all the goings on around Covent Garden, visiting the MAC pro store, popping into Benefit to see Sarah the Brow expert at the cute little benefit boutique to get the gorgeous The Benefit Brow wax, as you can tell this is where I would spend the majority of my day. To end my lovely London day I would walk to Soho for some dinner in Kettners, this is my all time favourite restaurant can't stress how much I love this place. For the finale I would go for cocktails at Zebranoes on greek street or have a dance at the Carlisle pub. 

8. Favourite Museum/Gallery? 

My favourite museum isn't one of the big museums it's called the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill, it is small compared to the rest, but I like this museum the most because this is where I used to go when I was little with my family and I have been going there ever since. It has the most beautiful grade 2 listed Victorian conservatory in the grounds, and a farm and a coffee shop. 

9. Your London Secret? 

Walk everywhere you will always find something new. Thats is my secrets out! 


10. Favourite Bar/Club? 

Is it acceptable to choose a bar and a club? Well I have anyway! 
The Arts Theatre Club in Soho is definitely my favourite bar its underground and serves the cocktails in tea cups and tea pot and if that wasn't enough its all Motown and Stevie Wonder playing over the sound system.. need I say more?!

My favourite club is Piccadilly Institute its a labyrinth of rooms with 6 different experiences as the website states, it's very hard to explain it's so cool (I know by saying it like that makes me slightly un cool but there is no way better to describe it) serving cocktails in test tubes, jam jars and top hats. Different floors for different genres of music with completely different outrageous decor. Its like a different world, it is epic! Check out the video here


Piccadilly Institute ; The Chamber Floor 

There you have it your guide to London through The Prophecy of Loveliness. 

I tag you to do this post on your blog if you don't live in London why don't you adapt the questions to your city? I'd love to read everyone elses city experiences! 

Until Next Time,
Jess
xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment