Tuesday 8 January 2013

Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman. - Coco Chanel

Heya Chickies!

This weekend I have a huge party in Essex (Only way is Essex type Party) if you live in the UK you would know what The Only Way is Essex is. Therefore I am panic central about what I am going to wear, how I want my make up and hair, the list just goes on and on...



I think there are always these special parties or events that you get invited to, and the desire to look absolutely perfect is on the brain, kick starting the panic that comes with the preparation towards that perfect look that you so desperately want to achieve.

Mine always starts with a dress, I love wearing dresses in general but almost always on a night out I go straight for to a dress when it come to my party outfit, therefore when I find the dress the look comes together.

So when that invite reaches me, the search begins strolling across the many shops and online shops, the problem with me is I always have the idea of the outfit in my head and sometimes that outfit its purely just made up and would be impossible to create because the garments just do not exist other than in my imagination, or the other problem is I have no idea at all.

This week it is definitely one of them moments, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to wear, which makes it that little bit more difficult to try and find a dress. After a couple of weeks looking, I came across a LBD (Little Black Dress) in River Island, its plain black wrap over dress and I love it, after I finally found the dress and shoes. The attention turns directly to the make up. This is where the post finally starts after all this rambling!

I am always watching my favourite beauty gurus on YouTube and then Pixiwoo popped up in my subscription box with a new tutorial on Katherine Jenkins. I can't say I am a huge fan of Miss Jenkins however this make up look I was a fan of. The look is classic, lovely to go with an LBD, it's red lip with neutral eye with minimal colour, along with retro look winged liner. Simple yet so classic and gorgeous. I think the classic look compliments the LBD keeping the look minimal with that touch of old school glamour.
Pair the look with minimal accessories and a 40's curled hair do, just screams perfection. This will definitely slot you into the Classically Beautiful category.

For full product list click here

For me this is definitely in the front runners! Lets call this option 1;

Pixiwoo YouTube

On to Option 2;

The next option is a shimmery eye and highlighted face with a neutral lip. This look will give the LBD the modern twist, because there is no red lip thats is usually associated with the Little Black Dresses!
I did a test run with a makeup look the other night for the party this weekend. I chose to do a gold/brown smokey eye with heavily highlighted cheeks to bring the party element to the look. 

Products I used; 

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation £25 mixed with Chanel Aqualumiere Foundation
Urban Decey Book of Shadows £32
Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder £14.50 
Maybeline Gel Eye Liner £6.99
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Make Up Bronzing Base £29
Benefit Dallas Blush £23.50
MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell £14.50 
MUA Love Heart Lip Balm £2 

I would pair this look with either straight hair slightly back combed or messy beach waves hair, with a chunky gold/silver cuff or statement gold/silver necklace to give that edgy look to the LBD. This would slot you nicely into the Quirky Cute category. 


I am going to do a complete tutorial of the look and an outfit of the night post, keep your eyes peeled for the!!

What do you prefer?

In the meantime I have a lot of thinking to do.. :) 

Until next time,
Jess
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment