Wednesday 12 December 2012

My Beauty Firsts Tag!

Hey Buddies!

Whilst scrolling through my subscriptions box on youtube I came across The Beauty Firsts Tag on Vivianna Does Make Ups video with Lily Pebbles, I watched it and I was like wow I must do this on my blog. I love this sort of thing, especially this tag. I loved make up when I was in my younger years and I was the only one out of my friends, so watching this tag on youtube or reading it on blogs, I am literally fascinated. I hope you will be as fascinated as I am with my answers!


1. What's your first Beauty Memory?

My first beauty memory is when I got my first Benefit product one Christmas, I got Some Kinda Gorgeous and Big Beautiful Eyes Palette, my mum put them in the most beautiful pink floral bag filled with pink tissue paper and pink sequins, I just remember thinking this is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen! Thats when my love for make up began, I used to open the Some Kinda Gorgeous compact and shut it again so I could hear the click noise when it closed, yep I really did that, thats how much I loved it, I even loved the clicking sound! I also started to learn how to do make up with the little lesson leaflets that you get inside Benefit products.

2. What was your first Beauty Purchase? 
Apart from my benefit make up that my parents got me for Christmas, the first purchase I made with my  own pocket money was a body shop born lippy lip balm. I remember wanting all the flavours, my favourite was a passion berry one, and now whenever I smell anything passion berry it brings a smile to my face because that was my favourite. They are still available now and if you can I would recommend you go and smell them because they are so fruity and gorgeous smelling I wanted every single one. When my parents gave me pocket money for doing the washing up or money for when I went out with my friends, I would always get a Body Shop lip balm. They were £3 each and I loved them! 

3. When did you first wear makeup? 
I first started wearing make up when I was about fifteen, I used to wear a small amount of mascara and a body shop born lippy lip balm and I was so excited when picture day school came around and I would spend literally 15 - 20 minutes apply my lip balm and mascara, I love putting make up on thats the best part! Then I started wearing what make up my friends wore and well I wont say much more about that, it explains it all in my Advice to my Teenage Self post, lets just say no one wants to dress up as an ompa lumpa at halloween for a reason!


  4. What was your first beauty disaster?
Wearing the darkest shade of dream matt moose foundation to make myself looked tanned because thats what all my friends did, I honestly think we thought we looked like the pink ladies from grease, we thought we were the coolest people in the world. When I think back now at how bad I looked I think that is exactly why I should listen to my mum, when she says I look silly I really do silly she's not just being mean! 


5.Who was your first Beauty Crush?
My first beauty crush was without a doubt my cousin Jen. I was around 13 and she was 23 and I just though she was it, all the clothes, make up and bags and everything I just had to have it. She always had her hair straight so I did, if she has a certain make up product I had it, I always looked forward to getting a present from her at Christmas or my Birthday because I always got something that she had, like a blusher or lip gloss. I remember seeing her in a really pretty fitted waist coat on one of her pictures on facebook and I immediately asked my mum to find out where she got it and it went straight on my birthday list. I must have looked like an idiot, I was her mini me. I still think she has the best style and beauty ever! I love Cheryl Cole at the moment as well. 




6. What was your first Beauty Brand Crush? 
Thats easy Benefit! Its so pretty and pink and just a girly girls heaven, what more can I say. If I was a beauty brand I would be Benefit! 






7. Whats's your Longest Standing Beauty Item?
Benefit High Beam. You can tell I loved Benefit can't you?! Benefit High Beam is still my highlighter of choice now. I have used it since I was 16 and continue to now. I think it deserves a post of its own, watch out for that one!


So there you have my Benefit filled Beauty Firsts. I loved make up from the word go, I mean its just amazing don't ya think!? 

What was your first beauty purchase? 
Until Next Time,
Jess 
xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment