Thursday 6 December 2012

My Christmas Traditions!

Hello Snowflakes! 

It's the last final stretch to my favourite time of year it's CHRISTMAS! 

I am alway so mega excited for Christmas every year, I am like the Who's in the film The Grinch they start planning their Christmas months and months in advanced (I started preparing in September). I love Christmas mainly because every one is happy and smiley and I like saying 'Merry Christmas' to whoever and whenever I can!  

I have always been slightly Christmas obsessed if I am completely honest, once all halloween and bonfire night are out of the way then it is my Que. to go all Mrs Claus! I love the magic almost sparkling feeling you get Christmas when they family get together over a fire, eating holiday chocolates and the smell of the Christmas dinner wafting throughout the house, and present under the tree and after dinner out comes wrapping paper flying everywhere, with smiles all around, with everyone in their Christmas PJs, well that is what its like my my house anyway. 

I have a huge family so we have to split my time into what seems like two Christmas' yep that means double presents, double Christmas dinner and twice as such Christmas food as I could possibly stuff into my mouth before I feel like a over inflated ballon that is seconds away from exploding! This is only one of many traditions in my household. 

(weheartit)
Without further ado here are just a few of my favourite traditions that we have in my house; 

Decorations - Each year me, my brother and my sister will pick out a new Christmas decoration for our tree we have been doing this since we popped out into to the world. Therefore our Christmas tree is filled with memories from past Christmas' and each one reflects our younger selves and the year that we had. I think my mum and dad will keep this tradition going well into our adult lives, Our tree basically looks like a toy shop, even though we have no say in where the decorations will be place as my mum takes full control and a lot of pride on how our tree looks we have full control on what goes on it, I love looking back through the years through our Christmas tree. I fully intend to take this tradition when I have my own little family at Christmas!

The Tree - The getting the tree itself is a tradition in my house, we always get the tree the weekend or nearest weekend to the 12th December. We all know to keep the weekend free so we can jump in the car in our wooly scarves and gloves with our Dad and go and choose the tree as we always have real one what fills our living room with the scent of a Christmas tree to make us feel extra Christmassy! My mum decorates but my dad goes to get the tree with us all and sometimes we even stop for a hot chocolate from Starbucks as well as an extra little treat to get us in the Christmas mood. When we get home the decorations are all over the floor waiting for us to help (pass them to) mum! 

(weheartit)

The Stockings - My favourite part of Christmas is the stockings that we get from Mum and Dad. Each year we get a stocking filled with little bit and bobs that mum has picked up throughout the year! It's always so exciting because the stockings have been hanging from our fireplace empty from the 12th December onwards, then as if my magic* they all full of little gifts and I still get excited putting my hand in and finding all the lovely surprises inside!

 Baking with Nanny - Yes I still call my Nan Nannie and always will, especially when baking biscuits and Christmas cake with her ready for Christmas day with all the family round her house. We always have so much fun with Christmas songs blaring over the tape machine, dancing around the kitchen. I love all the decorations and preparation that goes into the baking and I do come out about a stone heavier after licking the spoons clean of all the left over cake mixture and icing! 


What are your Christmas Traditions? 

Have a merry and magical Christmas, I know I will! :) 

Until Next Time,
Jess 
xx 








No comments:

Post a Comment