Tuesday 18 December 2012

When your feeling low.. Shop!

Hiya Chickies!

You know when sometimes your feeling a little low, the weathers deteriorating, its getting cold, your skin starts playing up, and the lurgy is floating around like the plague, and you feel like things will not get any better.. Well I (and Bob Marley) say 'every little thing is gonna be alright' because I treated myself to a few goodies that will psychically attempt to make me look slightly better and then as a result feel a tad better.

On Saturday I decided to go and get a manicure and pedicure with my winnings from my Company Friendly Poker Night (yep thats right I WON), I won £50 YAY! After my little pamper session at my favourite salon my mood was lifted so I continued with my day and treating myself and thats where the spending really started.
My mum wanted to do some last minute Christmas shopping and asked if I would like to go with her, I jumped at the chance. Shopping with my mum is honestly my favourite thing to do in my spare time, we always come out with so much stuff and she guides me in the right direction instead of me coming out with a load of trivial rubbish junk that I'll never wear or use.

Our first stop was Debenhams, they had a 10% off all beauty and fragrance (OH NO my poor bank card!!).
My mum told me to go away and meet her in 10 minutes as she needed to 'pick something up from the Chanel counter' (hmmmm might be a bit of a give away mum, since my favourite perfume Chanel Mademoiselle was top of my Christmas Wish List!). So off I trotted to the Clinque counter to pick up some new skin care goodies as my skin doesn't react well to winter, I was on a quest find some skin care to clear the dry patchy mountains that have suddenly appeared all over my face. The lady at the counter was lovely, immediately pointed me towards the Anti Blemish range, she actually cleansed, toned and moisturised my face for me with the the products, it felt lovely and clean (she did put my face back on for me after). I can't say that I love the smell, it has a very strong smell chemical scent, not my favourite scent, not sure if I should be worried? I have been using it for a few days now and I can already see a difference with regards to the condition of my skin, they are also packaged in cute mint green/blue bottles and they match my room! I am not really a skin care fanatic but I'll keep you posted!



Next stop in Boots was the Chanel Counter again my mum told me to go away (obviously she didn't get what needed at the Debenhams Chanel counter). I stayed at the counter but I decided to get colour matching so I had my back turned to my mum so I couldn't she what she was getting, she was adamant to keep it a secret, not obvious at all!! 
I decided that if I was going to change my skin care I was going to change my foundation as well and go for a lighter coverage foundation to let my skin breath, to try and rejuvenate itself, therefore I decided to go back to my old faithful Chanel Aqua Lumiere foundation (£32) to get this skin fix train moving! I absolutely adore this foundation, using it again has made me think why did I ever stop using this foundation! It smells divine, it gives a flawless coverage with out being feeling heavy and sticky. The only downside to the foundation is that it doesn't last that long and has to be powdered to make it last on my usually oily skin, if you don't like the feeling of powder on your face then you will probably have to reconsider! That leads me onto to my final purchase and the one I am most excited about is my brand spanking sparkling new Laura Mercier Undercover Pot in shade 2, this a nifty little pot that has all your concealer needs. It has a peach toned concealer to correct all the dark areas, like the dark circles under my eyes, it's too cold to sleep! A high coverage concealer in the form of their award winning secret camouflage concealer, this for the areas that you really want covered like pesky blemishes that just keep on coming back, last but certainly not least is has a small pot of their translucent powder for any oily areas or to set the concealers. This little gem is three of Laura Merciers Flawless face products all rolled into one! I have yet to form an opinion on the product as I have only been using it for a few days but its looking up. 





All three products have definitely lifted my mood and made my week that little bit better! I'll keep you posted on my progress with them, but so far soo very good! 

Have you brought any Christmas Treats to yourself?? 

Until Next Time,
Jess 
xx





2 comments:

  1. I have found that every time I go to shop for others I come back with something for myself! The Clinique stuff looks so good! I think its the colour co-ordinting bottles that are so attractive, I definately want to try it.

    http://theaccessorymakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep its the same thing with me shops just entice me. The packaging plays such an important part I think, I have disappointing news with the Clinique skincare set though full review will be coming up soon! :(

      Jess xx

      Delete